Friday, March 20, 2009

This is A23, my home away from home, in KCMC compound. It is a very unique, international community. Our house is quiet during the day, but dinner is a very special time. We all take turns shopping, cooking and cleaning up. My diet here is amazingly healthy. Lots of tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, fresh pineapples and bananas. The bananas are very small, but sweet and delicious. Alot of our meals are vegetarian. I do allow myself cornflakes for breakfast with my coffee. At the moment I have my own room.
I have discovered that I cannot sleep in mosquito netting without feeling like I will suffocate! We also have a very loud rooster who seems to be nocturnal and may soon end up in a pot with some mashed potatoes. He is only saved by the fact that he provides a livlihood for a Tanzanian family next door. Freda is our housekeeper and laundress. She is very nice and offers to help you in any way possible. She even walked me to work the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment